Generation-MSX

Stuff for backup and sale?

Posted by yazz 
Stuff for backup and sale?
June 17, 2004 01:50AM
Hi there

RC-725 Yie Ar Kung Fu - My cartridge has a different front cover.

These cartridges I own now, I can scan them in if you want the front covers for your site: Zoom 909, Alpha Roid, Super Tennis, The Goonies, Road Fighter, King's Valley,

I have the box and cartridge for Bull and Mighties Slim Chance, these can be scanned in. Oddly the cartridge is Named HM-026 and the box is HM-024?

I have Konami's Football (great game!) RC-732 which you don't seem to have on your database. I can scan it in.

My Salamander cartridge is Green and made in Taiwan; maybe it's a rip-off from the original made for the Zemtrix? No Konami logos on it. I also have the box for it! It looks fairly shoddy, has a coiled Dragon logo on the bottom and the ROM number is SN-906. There is an MSX Golden Card MEGACOM badge on it.

My TwinBee cartridge is similar, it has odd shaped ridges on the side and no Konami logos - the ROM Number is SN-215

I also have GPM-505B - Casio's Programming Master (Beginner's Basic II)
and GPM-502B - Casio's Basic for Beginners (Beginner's Basic I)
which you don't have on the database.

And a few more Arabic Teaching Roms that I can't seem to find backed up anywhere! Most are fully boxed.

I have Al-Alamiah FORTRAN that is on both a Disk and MegaROM. And the hallowed Quran on a 1024K MegaROM. Both in their boxes (the Quran one is in immaculate condition and possibly the nicest packaging I've ever seen of any title on any machine!)

Unfortunately I don't have the means to back these all up! Do you know anybody who can back them up and who lives here in the UK?

I'm planning on selling/getting rid of all my MSX stuff atm so I hope to hear from you as soon as possible. If you know anyone who wants to buy all of this and more (there's also a Toshiba HX-10 and ASCII (Al-Alamiah) Arabic/English AX170) then please let them get in touch with me. If Arabic MSX System ROM images aren't available then the AX170 would be essential I'd guess! The AX170 System rom came with 5 inbuilt utilities (Text Editor in Arabic/English, Paint, Hijri-Gregorian Date Convertor, BASIC, and err, something else I can't remember :D)

I also have a few Tapes that I can't seem to find on [ftp.funet.fi] - things like Joe Bloggs (great game!) and Fued (another classic) [both are amongst my favourite games on the MSX!] I hope the tapes are still functional.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Reg

Yasin

Re: Stuff for backup and sale?
June 18, 2004 11:25PM
Hi,

you can mail me at sandy[at]generation-msx.nl.

And I would love to have the scans of your covers.

Also i'm very busy with adding games. I just added lots of spanish games, and i'm now busy with adding dutch/english games (most of them are on tape).

And I don't know anybody in the UK who could back all that stuff :(( Because you do mention some intresting carts :)

About the Al-Alamiah software, I know about the Fortran, and a lot more, but I need to make some changes first in the database, before I can add them. Those programs aren't made by Al-Alamiah, but only released by them in the arabic country's.

Regards,

Sandy
August 14, 2005 01:37AM
áæ ÓãÍÊ íÇäÙÑ Úíæäí ÇÑÓáå ááÈÑíÏ ÍÞí
August 14, 2005 12:23PM
Yazz, the blueMSX team is very interested by the system roms of your MSX1 Arabic machine.

If you have a diskdrive connected to this machine, it could be easy to extract the roms by using a special tool.

Send me an e-mail, I'll answer you with all the required informations to extract the roms.

August 19, 2005 05:38AM
It would be great to have a dump of this Salamander cartridge from Taiwan.

Fabio
MSX Solutions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login