Generation-MSX

Its life Jim but not as we know it.

Posted by Wataru 
Its life Jim but not as we know it.
June 23, 2006 09:24PM
Does anybody know who made this Star Trek game and when it was made and on which media it was ported (I guess ROM but I want to be absolutely sure)?

I guess it was made by Sega (the high score tabel has the same style as that of Buck Rogers but I could be wrong of course.

Please look at the screenshots I took.

When the information is complete I will add it to the db.

Thanks and live long and prosper.
Attachments:
open | download - Star Trek Title Screen .png (196 KB)
open | download - Star Trek In-game Screen 1.png (244.1 KB)
Re: Its life Jim but not as we know it.
June 23, 2006 10:50PM
Hi!

It looks suspiciously like ‘Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator’, a 1984 Sega rom for the ColecoVision. If you’ve got a genuine MSX version it’s probably a conversion…?

Make it so... ;-)
Attachments:
open | download - ColecoVision - Star Trek - 1984 Sega.PNG (93.3 KB)
June 24, 2006 05:08AM
Logic demands it that you are right Unicorn.

Phasers on stun.....
June 24, 2006 05:29AM
I have beamed it up to the db.

Thanks.
June 24, 2006 09:22PM
I think there was also other game which had similar graphics, simple looking little enterprise and enemy ships, but it was under different name.
July 08, 2006 03:28AM
Perhaps you mean Star Command?
July 09, 2006 06:53PM
I guess it was Star Command, thought "Star Command" does not ring my bell.... was there yet one more similar looking game? Or not...? I dont know
July 09, 2006 09:16PM
Perhaps you are thinking of Space War, the oldest computer game made, I think it was in 1964. As far as I know, no MSX version was commercially released.
July 10, 2006 06:59PM
no, I was thinking MSX game, but maybe it was Star Command.

i think Space War was from 1962. And it is quite YOUNG ;) computer game, some guys were surely enjoying while playing TENNIS on computer in 1954!!! and I don´t mean "simple" magnavox/atari style tennis, but more complex game with gravity!
July 11, 2006 08:51AM
Now that you mention it I remember reading something about that on Wikipedia. I think you are right. Any luck with the maze game?
July 11, 2006 02:27PM
Thanks asking, Wataru, no luck yet.. but I remembered year of that tennis game wrong, it was 1958.

If someone is interested, you can read "all about it" from

[www.pong-story.com]

(RECOMMENDED reading for everyone!:)

somewhere from that site and it´s links you can find a video where that tennis game is played... it gave me very strange and VERY EXCITED FEELING... they have made and played such advanced game FIFTY YEARS AGO!!!
July 12, 2006 01:35AM
It is a great site indeed. Thanks Masaxi. This site (and ours of course) is compulsory for everbody interested in the history of games and home computers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login