Generation-MSX

Ashguine Story II

Posted by nrgo 
Ashguine Story II
July 17, 2008 12:30PM
Hi 2 all,

simple question: how to do in this game?

I see suns, rooms and many enemies, hours and hours killing monsters, and then...?

Thankyou in advance for any help.
Re: Ashguine Story II
July 18, 2008 12:16PM
Check this German review for some help :

[www.pixel-heroes.de]

Babelfish translation :

After longer time I would like to present again a Japanese MSX play, which is suitable for the Japanese Unbegnadeten also to you: AshGuine story 2. here concerns it the second part of a trilogy over the green and echsenähnlichen warrior AshGuine, which fights to all appearances alone against a bad empire. Contrary to the two other AshGuine plays, which are textlastig strongly adventure and, AshGuine sets story 2 on pure Action.

From the bird perspective presenting, the play remembers somewhat Gauntlet or Dungeon Explorer. Equipped with a sword and a sign one takes up the unequal fight. Already in first of altogether six play sections some differences to comparable titles are noticeable to the experienced player. On the one hand the totally frontal adjustment would be to be called. Even if the play sections are so developed that one moves usually from bottom to top, would be it from time to time completely useful times turns or to strike to the left or right to be able. This goes however unfortunately not, to AshGuine is completely on it to be stamped fixed forward and can to no other direction be persuaded. Close combat represents the second serious difference. AshGuine can be sword, as numerous other heroes of its guild often do it, not to throw. Due to the short range of the weapon one must approach already very near to the enemies, in order to carry it with a fast impact succession in the other world. Fortunately the sign not only pure decoration is in the best way suitable but also for blocking, which considering the many stationary shooting devices one is more than meaningful mechanism. Otherwise the play differs not too much from other comparable plays. One fights numerous opponents, collects keys and looks for the entrance to the next play section. A special attention one should dedicate thereby to the keys since one always loses one of them after a direct enemy contact and does not receive everywhere new. In the worst case this leads to the fact that one must really return up to the beginning of the play section (often backwards constantly), in order to provide itself with a new supply, since the doors must be opened again and again on the new. The level organization is not complex too, which can confuse inserted loop in some play sections however something. The first play section placed me also on a hard patience sample, since one must get accustomed here only once to the somewhat unusual play mechanics. Thus it was noticeable to me for example only after some play hours that by the letter the landings AshGuine marked supply T with helpful Items. One must simply only some time in the proximity of these devices wait and appear useful Items such as shoes, which make faster for our protagonist, some offensive power up´s or energy tanks, which fill up the life border somewhat.

The final opponents, who wait at the end of each play section for AshGuine, are particularly beautiful, because in the rough one resembles more not one other one. Each only exhibits an individual attack style and stands a lot flogs. With correct tactics and above all a good portion patience is to be cracked here really each boss. Also the latter, which was surprisingly easy for me. Unfortunately the play exhibits some unfair places, which develop unfavorably due to placed shooting devices starting from the fifth play section. These places are to be created really much frustrating and at two scenes really only with luck. This makes the extremely positive general impression of the play somewhat destroyed. If the play would not secure the Spielstand after each play section, I would have already thrown the towel after third.

Graphically AshGuine story 2 is real impressing. If one looks at oneself the static pictures of the play in such a way, then one could mean smoothly 16 a bit play before itself to have. The reality looks however somewhat differently, because the lame scrolling, the occasional Geflacker with already less than a handful Sprites stand clearly for 8 a bit product. But a very good, which represents a real challenge and makes at the same time much fun. At least up to the next to last section. So regarded I can show AshGuine story 2 all, which love Gauntlet, Dungeon Explorer and similar plays, much patience and play somewhat exotic would like, to the heart to put. Despite the high quality there are only eight points, because the unfair places are not to be forgiven.
Re: Ashguine Story II
July 18, 2008 01:21PM
GREAT GAME AND GREAT WEBSITE : [www.pixel-heroes.de]

So it was a very good thing to buy the original cart!

Thankyou very much mars2000you!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login