Generation-MSX

Super Rambo Special

Posted by kaladron 
Super Rambo Special
February 02, 2006 04:58PM
I recently bought the MSX2 cartridge Super Rambo Special. It is a Japanese cartridge and I am trying to run it on a PAL Philips VG-8235. The title screen loads ok but then presents a yes or no question that is incomprehensible. If you press Return then it presents the words "Key Word" followed by some gobbledygook, then nothing happens. If you press space or fire then the game loads a level without any characters and nothing can be done.

Anyone have any experience of this game and know what I should do?
Re: Super Rambo Special
February 08, 2006 11:08PM
Yeah, it should display a character like the screenshot over here:

[www.generation-msx.nl]

For the passwords, you can use one on the cheats section of this game.
February 08, 2006 11:36PM
It displays that title screen fine but it is the menu screen that is messed up. It won't let me enter a password and if Istart a fresh game it loadsa a level but none of the gameplay. Is it because I am playing on a PAL machine or is the cartridge defective?
February 09, 2006 12:19AM
As far as I know, it should not make any diffrence if you play a game on a PAL or NTSC machine (except for the speed).

You could try to clean the contacts of the cart and the slot of your MSX. Maybe it contains some dirt what causes this problems.
February 09, 2006 12:22AM
btw, did you allready tryed the cartridge in the slot on the back ?
February 09, 2006 12:57AM
No. I'll give it a try now and let you know what happens.
February 09, 2006 01:21AM
Thanks for the help my friend. It works perfectly in the second slot. Any idea why it won't work in Slot 1? All my other games work fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login