Generation-MSX

scraping REST API

Posted by cayce 
scraping REST API
November 06, 2021 04:31PM
Hi,

is there a REST API for searching/retrieving information from the database? I'm using RetroPie with skyscraper, but even the best-filled scrapers (screenscraper.fr & mobygames) are missing a lot of software that gen-msx does have. I'd like to create a scraping module in skyscraper for generation-msx.nl - if there is a REST API, and if scraping would be allowed, of course. (E.g., screenscraper.fr requires bandwith restrictions, which are dutifully implemented in skyscraper. So that could be an option, if there are bandwidth concerns.)

Ideally, the REST API would be queryable by sha1 hash - is that information available in generation-msx.nl's database?

Regards, Cayce
Re: scraping REST API
November 08, 2021 10:51PM
Hi,

at the moment there is no rest api for retrieving data from the database. Also we don't have any sha1 hash information about games in the database, which only should work for roms since there are a lot of disk games that saving on the disk itself.

Sylvester
Re: scraping REST API
November 09, 2021 09:41AM
Sylvester,

aw, that's too bad. Any chance of that being added any time soon? I could be persuaded to code it myself, if the gen-msx site's code is available, that is.. My PHP is a bit rusty (~20yrs back) but I'm assuming there is a scaffolding library for exposing read-only data via REST?

W.r.t. sha1: true - it would be ideal only for roms. The search index of gen-msx is much better that screenscraper, for instance, so that more than compensates ;)

Regards,
Cayce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login