Generation-MSX

Submiting videos

Posted by cidra 
Submiting videos
August 30, 2018 07:17PM
Hi. Whenever I try to submit a youtube video, I get the message "Error: can't load youtube video!".

It happens with any video (and yes, I'm writing only the Youtube Id for every video).

Thanks for your attention.

Always keep up the amazing work with this website!

Cidraman, destroyer of worlds.
cidraman.blogspot.com || twitter.com/cidraman || cidraman.tumblr.com
Re: Submiting videos
April 20, 2019 11:43PM
You must only enter the code of the video... what exactly did you do? Can you give an example?

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
April 22, 2019 12:01AM
Hello.

Well, all I do is submit the Youtube video id. As soon as I write it, I get the message "Error: can't load youtube video!". And if I click the "Send" button, now I get the message "Thanks for your contribution!!! ", but nothing else really happens, the video is never actually linked.

Here's an example: [imgur.com]

Thanks for your attention.

April 22, 2019 12:31AM
I just added the video from the back-end. That does work... But the Note field was mandatory. Perhaps also on the front-end where you tried? Maybe you can try again and fill in a Note? (Just guessing here. We need Sandy to check this out...)

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
April 22, 2019 01:50AM
Sure thing. I just forgot to mention, I always write a note. But once I start writing in the "Note" field, the message "Error: can't load youtube video!" already shows, just like in the picture I added in my previous message.

Thanks a lot!

April 22, 2019 07:30PM
I updated the add video page, the api of getting a screenshot from the video doesn't work anymore what was generating the error. For now I turned that feature of.
Also saw some video's in the backlog (video hustler, monkey academy, squish'em, sokoban, doki doki, goonies, robocop, police academy and more :)), so i approved them.
April 22, 2019 08:04PM
Yes, I submitted those videos, always getting the same error message.

Thanks a lot for all the attention!

Keep up the great work!

FRS
March 01, 2020 08:23PM
I would want to submit a video for the Sanyo MLP-001, but it doesn't seem to be possible. But I've seen the upload video link on other entries. Why do some entries allow videos and others don't?
March 01, 2020 09:17PM
Just to be clear, I can make updates to the site but I'm not an admin for the site. And I don't have access to the submitted contributions.

But if you post the modifications you want here, I can apply them when I have a moment. And yes YT videos are possible for hardware.
March 08, 2020 11:22PM
Adding video's for hardware is possible for people who have access to the backend, but I never made it possible for users to contribute hardware video's. Only software video's are possible for now. But if you add it here, we can add it to the correct entry.
March 20, 2020 10:17AM
I looked at YT and found 2 videos related to the MLP-001 and linked those.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login