Generation-MSX

Loads of collections added

Posted by Manuel 
Loads of collections added
May 30, 2006 10:36PM
Hi folks!

I recently got an admin account on GenMSX, after following it for years and suggesting many things to Sandy.

I've been working very hard to add as much stuff as I can. I mainly focussed on product ID's, by checking all original software I have and adding any missing data.

After that, I went for the collections. I added all games of 30 MSX Hits, The Games Collection, The Games Collection 2, 6 Computer Hits, and all the Aackosoft MSX Collation Tapes/Disks.

For the latter, I also added a lot of screenshots.

I hope you all like the result :)

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
Re: Loads of collections added
May 30, 2006 10:41PM
I surely do!
May 30, 2006 10:45PM
By the way: who thought that Microtac was a Japanese company that licensed software to several distributors?? What a crap :)

I removed that, because Microtac is just 2 Dutch brothers who won the 2nd prize in the MCM/Eurosoft games programming contest with Dr. Archie. A great and professional looking game, but still amateur :)

Note that I didn't add releases to many games from The Games Collection 2, because they were not released outside of this collection, so there is no other released connected to them.
June 01, 2006 05:41PM
Hei Manuel, thanks for great work!

Can you please also add "10 Computer Hits 3" when you have time?

I´m afraid I don´t have time to do admin things too much anyway. 5:o(

I watched some compilations you added, and in SuperSellers 1, I found that games were not titled in correct order. Correct order is: Jet Bomber, The Heist, North Sea Helicopter. (I think North Sea Helicopter was on B-side, but now I don´t have time to check it, I´m sorry)

This may sound like little thing, but I think it is nice to know in what order they were recorded in original cassette!

Also, could you make it so, that there is mentioned which games are on which cassette or which side of cassette, when there are multiple cassettes in same compilation? I think it will add more oldies charm to database! 5:oD

MSX-regards,
MäSäXi! 5=o)
June 01, 2006 05:42PM
by the way, I have never seen "SuperSellers 2", what games are in it?

Was there more SuperSellers compilations than first two ones?
June 01, 2006 08:24PM
Hi Masaxi,

I can't add 10 Computer Hits 3, because I don't know which games are on it :)

I don't think I added Supersellers 1. I don't know much about those anyway. I only added compilations I own myself.

If you want to have more detailed info about compilations, this can be done, but I think Sandy should add some fields for it in the database. It's not so structured to put that info just in the Notes field.
June 01, 2006 08:35PM
Oh, I just found the thread in which you mentioned the games. Added..!
June 01, 2006 08:49PM
And I also found that MSX Hinter mentioned the Supersellers 2 titles.

Anything else I should add?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login