Generation-MSX

"Robocop" by ocean

Posted by Lazzeri 
"Robocop" by ocean
February 11, 2012 03:09PM
Pictures of the box and cassette + Manual
Attachments:
open | download - DSC05959.JPG (1.12 MB)
open | download - DSC05961.JPG (1.03 MB)
Re: "Robocop" by ocean
February 12, 2012 04:45PM
Manuel added the scans, thanks for uploading!

Sandy
February 29, 2012 08:47PM
Used to the Spanish release by Erbe, I do prefer this one!
March 12, 2012 07:12PM
Did spanish Erbe (or other spanish publishers) use Spectrum´s loading screen in games which didn´t have any loading screen? My Ocean Robocop didn´t have loading screen

I think Who Dares Wins II had loading screen in generation-msx and my british Alternative software re-release surely didn´t have any loading screen.
March 12, 2012 07:52PM
Hello,

Concerning WDWII, the MSX loading screen is unique (the one at genmsx is the same as the one in my Spanish release tape)
[www.generation-msx.nl]

and different from the Spectrum loading screen
[www.worldofspectrum.org]

Concerning Robocop, I don't think there's a loading screen, just load block 1, found block 1 and then the menu screen:
[www.generation-msx.nl]
Nothing to do with the Spectrum loading screen:
[www.worldofspectrum.org]

I've checked both TOSEC-MSX WIP files
Robocop (1988)(Ocean Software)(GB)(Side A)[BLOAD'CAS-',R].cas
Robocop (1988)(Ocean Software)(GB)(Side A)[a][BLOAD'CAS-',R][Martos].cas

It's a well-known fact that many Erbe releases had their own ERBE loading screen just loaded before the videogame loading screen. And this ERBE loading screes seem to have been systematically erased from tape dumps. That's a pity since it would help prove whether a .cas file comes from Erbe or it is the Ocean release.

So I can't answer your question unless I could check it against a real tape release but I think the chances in this case are simply no, the Martos version is presumably coming from an Erbe tape. It makes sense and that'd be the most logical conclusion.

Greetings,
March 16, 2012 07:35AM
Thank you vg8020. :)

I have some fuzzy memory that I have seen somewhere a picture of Robocop loading screen (same as Spectrum) used showing MSX conversion. I may be wrong though. Yes, I do remember those

Searching for block 1
Found Block 1
etc.
:)

I thank you for doing those checkings! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login