Generation-MSX

two (or more) different Pepsi MADMIX games?

Posted by Anonymous 
two (or more) different Pepsi MADMIX games?
July 25, 2005 12:19PM
Yes, I am talking about first MADMIX game. As I was really interested about it when I read it´s prewiev from your sinclair in the year 198X. And I instantly bought it for my own x-mas present to me as soon as it hit my nearest software shop.

But there was two differencies which kept me wondering.

In my cassette´s backside there was spectrum and amstrad screenshots which had really jolly looking hero which was really different looking to that one I had in my MSX game. THat spectrum/amstrad hero has snail-like eyes over it´s head. I thought back then that maybe that is the case with SPANISH versions, and MAYBE(?) there is same looking MSX version around in spain?

But I do remember that there was that same lovely creature in my MADMIX game drawn in the wall in level XX.

Anohter thing is... I am not sure was there YELLOW (or white) Pepsiman in Your SInclair´s screenshots... but from somewhere I have seen there IS pepsiman which has just not black and background as it´s colour but black and yellow (or white)!

And now I saw that screenshot picture in here, in Generation MSX!

Another thing is that in Generation MSX screenshot (and google gives same for speccy screenshots) there is pacman look-a-like pepsiman. Pepsiman in my game in Finland had FEET! And angry pepsiman also had feet! In Generation MSX screenshot pepsiman is pacman´s relative without feet! :)

So, are those differencies a feature only in SPANISH version which was not available outside of Spain? Or maybe sold in some european countries only...?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login