Generation-MSX

another AAARRGHH! for loading screenless MSX games

Posted by Anonymous 
another AAARRGHH! for loading screenless MSX games
July 25, 2005 01:18PM
Just saw Who Dares Wins II screenshots here in database.

And AAARRGHH! It was one more game in my countless list of "my original cassette games which didn´t have loading screen, but they actually had, but I never have seen them!!!!!". So, there WAS loading screen in WDWII !

Has anyone same problem as I do?

Had MSX Matchday II hi-res loading screen?

It could be really nice to have third screenshot to database for loading screens, thought some games have two loading screens, first one being simpler, often just text. And there would be nice to be mentioned if that game doesn´t have loading screen. Or if it doesn´t have HI-RES loading screen, if it has basic loader text-only loading screen.
Re: another AAARRGHH! for loading screenless MSX games
July 25, 2005 01:37PM
I've never seen a WDWII loading screen either.
The spectrum version has a different loading screen, btw (just checked)

... there never was a Who Dares Wins I, was there?
Re: another AAARRGHH! for loading screenless MSX games
July 25, 2005 08:13PM
I have wondered just same thing, is there Who Dares Wins 1 for MSX at all?

I have one memory from the past... shop which sold MSX too had room full with several MSXs connected to televisions, and one MSX ran Who Dares Wins like game, and I remember seeing hero´s bullets were two coloured red with white background... and I remember you could fire more than just one bullet at time, just like in C64´s Commando. Maybe game was WDW II with some load error...? As I purchased WDW II much later and it had just single coloured sprites as bullets..

And maybe I remember it all wrong?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login