Generation-MSX

Kungfu Master, colors etc

Posted by Helper22 
Kungfu Master, colors etc
April 08, 2010 02:22PM
1st the game should be named Kung Fu Master according to the title screen.
I uploaded a picture of Level 2 and I try to wite a comment but this don't work.
"You have to punch the blue men and to kick the red men with the other button. The player can run in all directions but only punch & kick horizontally. He should head north.
Level 2 has a top down perspective with obstacles and a big key. But I don't know what to do there, except hitting the men."
I think the colors of the existing screenshot (Level 1) are wrong. I tested with 3 emulators and have a light grey floor and not the light brown or light yellow color. The other colors seemed also not to be exact colors. But I don't know the exact MSX1 machine (maybe this is SVI or else).
See also image at database juegomania.org . There is also a title or loading screenshot which says UbiSoft presenta The Kung Fu Master By ASCII, but this is either a fake or belongs to another game. Ubisoft was not established in 1983.
Attachments:
open | download - Kungfumaster-Lvl2.gif (3.1 KB)
Re: Kungfu Master, colors etc
April 19, 2010 05:09PM
@Helper22,

The objective in level 2 is to find parts of the key and drag these to the outline of the key in the field. The parts of the key can be found by kicking the table-like structures in the field. Once you have found all parts of the key you will go to the next level.

I hope this helps you out.

Honyaku
April 21, 2010 03:01PM
Thanks for this information. Do you know how many levels exist in total? Are there any cheat codes (enhance number of lives or disable sprite collision or direct selection of levels?) And what about the other things like colors? GameFAQs-database has also other colors. I would like to see more screenshots than just level 1, as I can't find any more webwide and they are very different from level 1.
April 24, 2010 02:12PM
I fixed some things, please check.

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
April 28, 2010 09:47PM
Thanks very much. Perhaps an image without scanlines of level 1 will be better (see added image #1). The 2nd image, i think I captured with emulator M.E.S.S. has propably not accurate colors. I will add also a further image with a menu of the game. Perhaps someone could check if this are really the original colors (who uploaded the original image with brown colors? perhaps this is an other, original game rom? It looks better and also plausible.) Who can add an image of level 3?
Attachments:
open | download - kungfuman-l1bluemsx.png (8.2 KB)
open | download - kungfuman-l1mess.png (2.8 KB)
April 28, 2010 09:48PM
Here the 3rd screenshot of the game menu which could add to the game entry.
Attachments:
open | download - kungfuman-menue2.png (3.8 KB)
April 30, 2010 05:55PM
@Helper22,

Unfortunately I don't know how many levels this game has. Since it is an arcade game I guess it has an endless number of levels.

Thanks for sharing those new screenshots.
May 03, 2010 12:07PM
The colors depend on whether you use an MSX with a V9938 (or newer) video chip or a TMS9918 variation. As this game is for MSX1, I suggest using a TMS99xx for the screenshots.

The scanlines are a matter of taste. I prefer to have them included, because they show more accurately what you see on a real monitor.

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login