Fun Word Side 2 - In My House
[www.generation-msx.nl]

Fun Word Side 3 - Clothes
[www.generation-msx.nl]

Fun Word Side 4 - Houses
[www.generation-msx.nl]

Fun Words Compilation
[www.generation-msx.nl]

I know that Manuel may not be habby about this classification, but It's really hard to find right company between SoftCat and AMPALSOFT, but I'm sure that SoftCat is the maker of MSX version, at least...
Anyway, I decided to divide each side of the 2 cassettes because software is divided in chapters, and because it's more beautiful to show many screenshots of each game.
Please look at the last page of the instruction manual: seems that there are other software belonging to this series.
Manuel, I always ask you to help is there's something wrong, thankyou in advance.
Best regards.
Re: Fun Words 1-2-3-4
April 18, 2012 08:56PM
Well, it is indeed the question how we handle a multi part title... What you did now wasn't done before, I think, so it's inconsistent now. But that doesn't mean this is the wrong way...

I wonder what Sandy thinks.

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
April 27, 2012 01:23AM
Edcational software, my favourite! Manuel, how would you go on about cataloguing this one?

Greetings,

MSX Cassettes! (All about MSX soft dumping and presevation)
[msxcassettes.wordpress.com]
April 27, 2012 01:30PM
Hi to all,

yes it is not the traditional Gen-MSX upload, but there are some good reasons to do so:
- sometimes people find single cassettes and they don't know they are part of a collection;
- we can show more screenshots of a single part, it is more clear;
- in this case, software is splitted in 3 independent parts, loadable separately, it is not a first part and then a second part (for ex. think about Astro Marine Corps, etc.).

So Sandy, can we relax the constraint of a unique entry for a multipart software? :-) (at least in some specific cases like this).
April 27, 2012 01:56PM
My view is the reasoning would apply only if the records for the different cassettes making up a multipart release are linked so that any db user could easily understand what's going on. Maybe a remark in a comment field reporting about it being multipart? However, I'm have no real weight in GenMSX decision-making processes, so, as I said, that's just my view.

MSX Cassettes! (All about MSX soft dumping and presevation)
[msxcassettes.wordpress.com]
April 28, 2012 11:28AM
I think that with other collections like The Games Collection, games that are bundled should be entered separately, but it should also be possible to add an entry for the bundle, which basically says it contains the other entries. In that entry the 'bundle manual', 'bundle cover' and 'bundle menu' (if exists) can be added.

This is no different than for stuff like The Games Collection, right? I don't see real disadvantages...

Grtjs, Manuel

April 28, 2012 02:00PM
Hi all,

I have been thinking about the bundles, but I think we should treat them as a collection. The only difference with a collection would be that the software doesn't have a release, because it only belongs to a collection (unless it's also released separately). The only problem with this construction is that software with no releases aren't shown in the search results (This will be fixed someday).

So:

Bundle:
- Screenshots
- Covers
- Releases

Bundles software:
- Screenshots
- No covers
- No releases (unless it's also released separately)

So it's basically almost the same as a collection (like manuel already said). Agreed ?

Regards,

Sandy
April 28, 2012 02:10PM
Sylvester, so what *is* the difference? And can you please fix that bug that they don't show up?

If it has no release, but is part of a collection, it should simply show up :)

Grtjs, Manuel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login