Generation-MSX

GameMaster

Posted by arnold 
GameMaster
February 19, 2002 01:29PM
I've heard that you can save games with the game master...

If anyone knows how to do this.....please help me!!

tnx
Re: GameMaster
February 19, 2002 02:34PM
As far as I know you can only save with the Game Master 2, see the following link:

[www.generation-msx.nl]

Sandy
February 24, 2002 04:17PM
You save your highscore (on the first konami's), adjust the gaming speed,
make screenshots and pause the game, with the first game master.
No save games. (A table with which game the game master works, extracted from the manual is found by the cover-area.)

Chris
February 25, 2002 10:09PM
Yeah, I did add that one this weekend, thanks Chris :)
February 28, 2002 12:42PM
I don't know what everybody is babbling about, but it IS possible to save your gamedata. First of all you can save your gamedata. This is possible at any moment in the game by pressing control en stop I believe and selecting the first option. The gamesmaster wil save files to disk with the extention .GXX where XX stand for the last two digits of the cartridge's RC-number. Highscores can be saved with the extention .HXX and Ranking data will be saved with the extention .RXX

If you want to use the ranking mode be sure to first clear the data if you want to start from scratch or load ranking data otherwise you won't be able to use this option in the game!!

There's only one limitation with saving; the gamemaster only detects the first 20 files of a certain type for a certain game on a disk. So you can only load the first 20 gamedata files of say Maze of Galious. But you can always put more on one disk!

It is also possible to save pictures from games.

Gamemaster saving works with almost all MSX 1 games with the exception of salamander, Nemesis 3 and Shalom because these games have special features with the gamemaster 2!!!

Saving on the few msx 2 games hich work with the gamemaster 1 is impossible; so no save possibilities for Vampirekiller, Samurai and Firebird!!!

I can know this works; i have plenty of save games from a range of games...
May 10, 2005 08:33PM
what are the special features that gamemaster 2 have with Salamander and Nemesis 3?
June 20, 2005 06:22PM
Salamander: you can use disk to save and load (which is disabled with Game Master 1)
Nemesis 3: your game state can be saved to the built-in SRAM

other things: [www.bifi.msxnet.org]

GreeTz, BiFi
June 23, 2005 10:19PM
Check also the blueMSX manual !

Also on line, especially this page :

[www.msxblue.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login