Generation-MSX

Submitting screenshots

Posted by cidra 
Submitting screenshots
July 28, 2019 07:45PM
Hello.

I'm unable to submit screenshots.

For example: whenever I try to submit a screenshot (in PNG format) it shows this error message: [imgur.com]

If I try to submit a screenshot in other formats (BMP, JPG) it show an error message like: "File 'image.jpg' has a false extension".

Am I doing something wrong? I select/write in all the required fields. I tried taking screenshots from different emulators or creating with image editors. The errors are always the same.

Thank you for your attention.
Keep up the great work!

Cidraman, destroyer of worlds.
cidraman.blogspot.com || twitter.com/cidraman || cidraman.tumblr.com
Re: Submitting screenshots
July 28, 2019 08:17PM
Sorry, it was my fault, can you try again?

Sylvester
July 28, 2019 09:01PM
Now it worked!

Thank you for your attention!

Best regards!

Cidraman, destroyer of worlds.
cidraman.blogspot.com || twitter.com/cidraman || cidraman.tumblr.com
August 03, 2019 03:34PM
... about the resolution of screenshots, I have a request...
What the use to upload screenshots with the same resolution of the thumbnails?
For example, if a thumbnail is 256x192 for a quick preview, what's the reason to have the same screenshot for the plain view?
I always make screeshots with blueMSX at 544x480 and Gen-MSX engine makes automatically the thumbnail.
This is an example, so you can see the differences:
[www.generation-msx.nl]
August 09, 2019 11:51AM
People have different ideas about screenshots. Some sites like mobygames insist on original resolution, which is pretty small on a modern display, especially new UHD (4k) displays. So small in fact that they are often unreadable unless you use some magnifying tools.

GenMSX does not have a real policy, and it is really up to the submitter. I prefer to get screenshots for MSX1 games on an MSX1 due to the colour differences with the MSX2. I also don't like to do screenshots with shaders added. But I'm personally fine with a 2x or 4x scaling (avoid fractional scaling as it causes distortion).
FRS
March 01, 2020 08:18PM
I'm getting an error when I try to submit screenshots for the "Lightpen Graphics" entry:
[www.generation-msx.nl]

-----------------------------------
Sorry, something went wrong!
Please try again later.

Exception information:
Message: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'release_id' at row 1

Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/application/models/ContributionGateway.php(285): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/application/controllers/SoftwareContributeController.php(167): Model_ContributionGateway->saveImage(Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): SoftwareContributeController->screenshotAction()
#4 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('screenshotActio...')
#5 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#6 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/library/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(97): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#7 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/library/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#8 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/application/application.php(27): Zend_Application->run()
#9 /var/www/beta-generation-msx-nl/front-end/public/index.php(2): require('/var/www/beta-g...')
#10 {main}
Request Parameters:
array (
  'developer' => 'hal-laboratory',
  'title' => 'lightpen-graphics',
  'softwareId' => '5634',
  'controller' => 'software-contribute',
  'action' => 'screenshot',
  'type' => '2',
  'release_id' => '',
  'note' => '',
)
March 20, 2020 10:18AM
Yeah, just post the pictures here and I will try to add them myself.
May 08, 2020 05:39PM
Dear Admins,

I'm trying to upload some screenshots for the ending theme of master of lamps game from Activision but I could not find any button on the game's page that allows me to upload any photo.

Please advice

Thank you so much
May 10, 2020 08:53PM
Just post it here on the forum, and somebody will move it.
May 11, 2020 11:10AM
Even here I cannot find any link that allows me to attach any photo.

I could only attach if I have created a new topic on the forum. Otherwise I could not.

Is there a problem with my web browser or is it a bug issue?

I am using Chrome on windows 10
May 13, 2020 09:30AM
You are right, try a new topic in the MSX Software section, the general section doesn't allow attachments.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login