Generation-MSX

Some ideas

Posted by Manuel 
Re: Some ideas
August 22, 2006 02:56PM
Test: Uşas is a cool game and the Japanese title of MoG is ガリウスの迷宮

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
August 31, 2006 12:34AM
Here is another idea:

What about a vote history. A page where you can see which games you have voted for in the past.

In this way we can avoid double votes for a certain game and thus prevent that the voting data becomes distorted.
August 31, 2006 12:47AM
This is possible, but it means only members can vote then instead of everybody.
September 02, 2006 01:44PM
Note that the data in the database (all data, forums, msxdb, etc.) is still in iso, and should still be converted to UTF-8.

Just a reminder, Sandy :)

Grtjs, Manuel

October 11, 2006 12:40AM
Hi

Updated list of still relevant issues:

ideas:
[1] multiple genre 'tags' (like slashdot tags)

[2] a way to see the complete game list of companies like Aackosoft, including subcompanies like Eaglesoft (publisher only! some people put it as developer, but it's purely publishing), Bytebusters (developer only, published by Eaglesoft), Methodic Solutions (rename of Bytebusters? Developer only), Premium III (purely publisher, rename of Eaglesoft?), Eurosoft (another follow up of Bytebusters/Methodic Solutions?). This would be nice, because for all these companies the product ID's are all in line with each other (because it's all Aacko-crew; later called VA Holding, lead by Paul van Aacken.)

[3] a way to do sanity checks, like: lists of companies which have no software associated with them, list of software without releases, etc.

[4] a way to indicate that a software was only released on a collection

[5] a template function: add a new software based on an existing title. For some software there's little difference (only title and product ID, e.g.)

[6] a way to add more than one developer, because some are joined efforts. This would get rid of the last develoeprs with names like "HAL Laboratory / Sony".

[7] live search on every result page (maybe in a different layout, to make it a wide but not very high box), so that it's faster to find stuff from a result page

[8] a way to get a quick overview of where covers are totally missing and a quick way to add them (it's quite laborious now)

[9] search on title should also hit collections with that title, and the a.k.a. title and the titles of releases of those collection titles

[10] a better way to handle the covers... they should be managed by ID and not by name from a huge dropdown box...

problems:
[1] I still have 2 accounts according to the top 5s

[2] the data in the database (all data, forums, msxdb, etc.) is still in iso, and should still be converted to UTF-8. (e.g.: Mäsäxi)

Grtjs, Manuel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2006 12:47AM by Manuel.
January 13, 2007 12:42AM
Just converted the forum to utf-8, but some text didn't covert very well, so if your message isn't correct, please edit it and fix the text.
January 14, 2007 12:50AM
Also updated the latest forum items on the front page, it now jumps to the correct page and message.
January 21, 2007 12:35PM
Updated list of still relevant issues:

ideas:
[2] a way to see the complete game list of companies like Aackosoft, including subcompanies like Eaglesoft (publisher only! some people put it as developer, but it's purely publishing), Bytebusters (developer only, published by Eaglesoft), Methodic Solutions (rename of Bytebusters? Developer only), Premium III (purely publisher, rename of Eaglesoft?), Eurosoft (another follow up of Bytebusters/Methodic Solutions?). This would be nice, because for all these companies the product ID's are all in line with each other (because it's all Aacko-crew; later called VA Holding, lead by Paul van Aacken.)
(I know you have been working on this, but it's not entirely clear to me what the status is; let's talk about it.)

[3] a way to do sanity checks, like: lists of companies which have no software associated with them, list of software without releases, etc.

[4] a way to indicate that a software was only released on a collection

[5] a template function: add a new software based on an existing title. For some software there's little difference (only title and product ID, e.g.). There is a template function now, but can it used like how I described? Probably, but i haven't got much experience with it yet, so I'll update this later.

[6] a way to add more than one developer, because some are joined efforts. This would get rid of the last develoeprs with names like "HAL Laboratory / Sony". It is now implemented as a "Developer 2" field, but isn't that a bit unflexible? What if there are 3? Shouldn't this be a list?

[7] live search on every result page (maybe in a different layout, to make it a wide but not very high box), so that it's faster to find stuff from a result page

[9] search on title should also hit collections with that title, and the a.k.a. title and the titles of releases of those collection titles

[11] what about an issue tracker so that I dont' have to keep a list like this? :)

problems:
[1] I still have 2 accounts according to the top 5s (I know you're working on that)

I will update this list when I find more problems later.

Grtjs, Manuel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login