Generation-MSX

B.C. II - Grog's Revenge

Posted by jugaor 
B.C. II - Grog's Revenge
July 01, 2006 09:10AM
Hi.
I think that this game was really released for MSX by Comptiq, not US Gold and Erbe (AFAIK, the current db covers are from the announced but never released version for the ZX Spectrum).
The member who added it, please clarify.

jugaor
--the guy with a terrible English :$
Re: B.C. II - Grog's Revenge
July 02, 2006 06:26PM
I have the original tape, in two versions, and the cover has no trace of Comptiq whatsoever.

My covers do not contain any logo of Erbe, because it was released in the Netherlands and not in Spain. Actually, the cover is exactly the one you can find at Release 1 in Generation MSX, it's the right one. (The left one is the ERBE version.) Those covers clearly have "MSX 64K" on them, just like the covers I have here.

I think the MSX version was probably programmed by Comptiq (I haven't run the cassette to confirm), but the box contains the logos of US Gold, Sydney, Sierra On-line and also the producer, ERBE or Eaglesoft (for one of my covers).

So, in the Netherlands there were at least two releases, which I both have:
- one by US Gold itself (Release 1), see this cover: [www.generation-msx.nl]
- one by Eaglesoft (Release 3), which also contains the US Gold logo; I'll upload a cover for it after my holidays

and in Spain there was also one by ERBE (Release 2).

The original game (on some non-MSX platform) was probably created by Sydney or Sierra On-Line, or both.

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
July 04, 2006 08:54PM
and my version is part of TEN GREAT GAMES compilation by Gremlin Graphics. It has just part of the original cover shown in the compilation box.
January 21, 2007 06:16PM
I finally scanned the Eaglesoft cover and put the other scanned covers at the right release.

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX FOR EVER! (Questions? [faq.msxnet.org] )
PPS: Visit my homepage at [manuel.msxnet.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login